I got this neat pie press for Christmas and I’m making a couple of personal pear pies with them. Here is the recipe that I have modified/created for it!
Personal Pear Pie
1 pear, chopped
3 tbs sugar
1 heaping tbs flour
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp lemon juice
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400˚
- Roll out pie crust, use reverse side of pie press to cut a circle.
- Place that circle on the pie press and fill with a spoonful of filling. It takes less filling than you think, so be careful not to overfill!
- Brush edges of pastry with egg. Close pie press.
- Place on baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Brush tops with egg and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Cut two slits for steam to escape.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and serve.
here’s hoping it turns out ok, WE’LL SEE